Rediff – IMAGE: Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc bowl during an Australian nets session.
- IMAGE: Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc bowl during an Australian nets session.
- Photograph: Darrian Traynor/Getty ImagesAustralia’s Josh Hazlewood is a ‘genius’ with line and length and will have no trouble being ready for next week’s Ashes opener against England despite having had only a single warmup match, fellow seamer Mitchell Starc has said.
- Hazlewood, Starc and Pat Cummins have been rested for the third round of the domestic Sheffield Shield to preserve them for the Nov.
- In rampaging form, pace spearhead Starc and Cummins had two first class games for New South Wales, but their team mate Hazlewood just had the one, against Western Australia, after making a delayed comeback from a side strain.
- Having poached 17 wickets from his two Shield matches, Starc’s form has raised home hopes he might prove to be England’s new left-arm nemesis, four years after Mitchell Johnson dominated in a 5-0 whitewash.