GiveMeSport – The commencement of the biggest and best rivalry in Cricket, the Ashes are now just over a week away.
- One Aussie who will reflect on that series with particularly painful memories is Mitchell Johnson.
- The targeting of Johnson by the ‘Barmy Army’ began in England some 18 months earlier where he bowled a number of wayward spells and was a key factor why Australia lost that series 2-1.
- While Johnson managed to regain his form for the Australian summer against the West Indies and Pakistan, it was going to be a completely different story when England came to tour.
- While the Aussies hit back hard with a thumping win in Perth (with Johnson in peak form), England rounded out the series with two innings victories in Melbourne and Sydney.
- A memorable moment from the Sydney test was when Johnson was serenaded by the English supporters coming out to bat in the second innings.