News – Cricket: There are selection headaches for Australia, following the current round of State Cricket.
- THE Heat have secured a major Big Bash coup after netting Pakistan leg-spinner Yasir Shah.
- Shah has signed with Brisbane as an international replacement player for the upcoming BBL.
- The Heat decided to sign Shah as a replacement player in case the improving Khan is elevated to Pakistan’s T20 squad and is unavailable for selection.
- Under BBL rules, teams are only allowed to field two international players, but can have four on their books, and the Heat already have Kiwi gun Brendon McCullum.
- “He’s a very accomplished player in Test, one day and T20 formats, and having him around will also benefit the slow bowlers in our squad, especially someone like Mitch Swepson who is a young bowler rapidly gaining more experience transitioning between white and red ball cricket.