Rediff – Statistical highlights from the third day’s play of the first Test between India and Sri Lanka.
- Statistical highlights from the third day’s play of the first Test between India and Sri Lanka.
- # Pujara has become the first Indian batsman to race to 900 runs this year in Tests — his tally being 903 at an average of 69.46 in nine Tests, including three hundreds and five fifties.
- # Since 2015, Pujara has been batting consistently, aggregating 2086 at an average of 59.60 in 25 Tests – the highest among the Indian batsmen since 2015 (minimum 500 runs) — the next best being 54.85 by Virat Kohli.
- # India’s score of 172 is their second lowest total vs Sri Lanka in Tests on the Indian soil, next only to the 167 at Chennai in December 2005.
- # Lakmal’s bowling figures (19-12-26-4) vs India are his second best in Tests behind the 5 for 63 vs South Africa at Port Elizabeth in 2016-17.