Indian Express – Updated: November 20, 2017 3:59 Tim Paine last played for Australia in a Test back in 2010.
- Updated: November 20, 2017 3:59 Tim Paine last played for Australia in a Test back in 2010.
- Tim Paine’s selection on the Australian side for the upcoming Ashes series created quite a furore as former cricketers and the Australian media questioned the decision by the national selectors.
- “I’ve always been plugging away and been keen to get back in the Tassie Shield team and always had confidence that my best cricket would be good enough,” he added.
- Reiterating his desire of making most of this opportunity, Paine said, “I’ve played Test cricket before so I know what to expect,” he said.
- “And I’ve had some success in the few Tests I have played, so I’ll take some confidence from that.