Indian Express – Published:November 20, 2017 9:40 DDCA are honouring former cricketers who represented the country or state.
- Published:November 20, 2017 9:40 DDCA are honouring former cricketers who represented the country or state.
- (Express File photo by Ravi Kanojia)Having started the tradition of recognising former cricketers with Virender Sehwag and then Ashish Nehra, Delhi District Cricket Association (DDCA) will keep it going by naming stands after former spinner Bishan Singh Bedi and batsman Mohinder Amarnath.
- Recently, DDCA named the main entrance of the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium ‘Virender Sehwag Gate’ and one end ‘Ashish Nehra end’ on his final day in international cricket against New Zealand.
- Additionally, DDCA announced another gate will be named after former women’s team skipper Anjum Chopra.
- As per the release, a mutual agreement has been struck between the DDCA Honours’ Committee and Sen, where a benchmark of 35 Tests has been set for a Delhi cricketer to be honoured by the state association.