News – USMAN Khawaja is such a relaxed and decent character that he can get away with an accidental curse on live radio.
- Khawaja was conducting an interview with Triple M Adelaide’s Rowey and Bicks when a simple question abhout Australia’s intimidating record at the Gabba brought Khawaja unstuck.
- Triple M host Stephen Rowe reminded Khawaja of Australia’s unbeaten record at the Gabba since 1988 — and then said: “No pressure Usman.
- Khawaja meanwhile, has revealed he is not feeling any pressure heading into his first Ashes test at his new home ground, the Gabba.
- “It sounds bad, but at the time I wasn’t sure if I wanted to play for Australia because I wasn’t sure if I was enjoying playing international cricket at the time,” he said.
- “I came back home and I had no intention of playing international cricket again.