The Sun UK – HE ignited the first day of The Ashes in extraordinary fashion, just as he had set the pre-series build-up ablaze.
- After aiming a series of verbal grenades at the English, Nathan ‘Garry’ Lyon revved up an uninspired Australia team with a flamethrower piece of fielding to run out James Vince, 17 runs short of a maiden Test ton.
- Getty Images Nathan Lyon hurled at the stumps to dismiss James VinceOn the week of his 30th birthday, Lyon made himself the new Aussie folk devil for English cricket fans — and every Ashes series needs one of those.
- The Ashes How to watch the England v Australia 2017 Ashes highlights for FREE BOWleD over Dawid Malan shining on and off the pitch as England’s Wags head Down Under BATTLE FOR THE URN When is the first Ashes Test between Australia and England, what time?
- But while Lyon’s claim England would be terrified by Australia’s pace did not come to fruition on the first day, he tied down the batsman with high-quality spin.
- AFP Lyon celebrates his run out of Vince on the first day at the GabbaGarry Lyon is an ex- Aussie rules star — and so Nathan was handed ‘Garry’ as his nickname by wicketkeeper Matthew Wade, who has since lost his place to Tim Paine.