New Indian Express – After a cracker of a game at Eden Gardens, expectations were high surrounding the Nagpur Test.
- Promise of grass on the pitch, teams saying they are excited to play on it, there were a good few thousands in the stands when play started on a bright and sunny Friday morning.
- Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav occasionally tested the batsmen outside off, but by and large they couldn’t extract much from a surface looking good for batting.
- That’s how their skipper Dinesh Chandimal was expecting it to play, when he said the pitch would be good for batting the first two days.
- Importantly from India’s perspective, the bowlers did not concede easy runs despite being unable to strike more than once in the first hour.
- It was a full delivery from Ishant that Sadeera Samarawickrama slashed at, for Cheteshwar Pujara to complete a fine, diving catch at first slip.