GiveMeSport – Experienced Australia bowler Nathan Lyon has defended the controversial comments he made before the first Ashes Test.
- Experienced Australia bowler Nathan Lyon has defended the controversial comments he made before the first Ashes Test.
- Lyon caused quite the stir earlier this week by claiming he was hoping to end the international careers of many of Australia’s opponents and targeted retired wicket keeper Matt Prior for criticism regarding the last time England toured.
- The off-spinner has now attempted to justify claiming England were frightened of Mitchell Johnson four years ago and how Prior left halfway through the last tour because he was scared of fast-bowling by claiming he was simply trying take the heat away from the under-pressure younger Australian players before the first Test got underway.
- On Friday, Lyon picked up two wickets as Australia bowled the tourists out for 302 and finished day two on 165-4 in response.
- Although the majority of Lyon’s comments were taken with a pinch of salt by England, he is confident the Australian bowling department can swing the Test in their favour.