Radio New Zealand – There will be few secrets when Papua New Guinea and Scotland resume their cricketing rivalry in the first of two one day internationals in Dubai later today.
- The teams drew their four-day clash and split the ODI series 1-1 in Port Moresby at the start of last month.
- The games in Dubai are being used as preparation for the final round of the Intercontinental Cup and World Cricket League Championship, which starts next week.
- But Barramundis skipper Assad Vala said valuable ODI rankings points were also on offer.
- “We know it’s going to be tough games but our main focus is going there and playing good cricket and preparing ourselves the best we can.”
- PNG face Hong Kong in the final round of the I-Cup and World Cricket League and are still a chance of finishing atop the one-day standings.