Metro – Canada – NAGPUR, India — Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal won the toss Friday and opted to bat first in the second test against a new-look India lineup.
- NAGPUR, India — Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal won the toss Friday and opted to bat first in the second test against a new-look India lineup.
- India made three changes to the team that was held to a draw in the series-opening match in Kolkata last week, including a late switch with Ishant Sharma replacing Mohammad Shami, who was ruled out with a sore hip.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shikhar Dhawan were released from the squad, with Murali Vijay and Rohit Sharma coming in as replacements.
- Sri Lanka retained an unchanged lineup.
- India: Murali Vijay, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (captain), Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Ravichandran Ashwin, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh YadavSri Lanka: Dimuth Karunaratne, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal (captain), 6 Niroshan Dickwella, Dasun Shanaka, Dilruwan Perera, Rangana Herath, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Gamage