Roar – The Ashes are finally here!
- And, sure, it’s crazy that we can’t say ‘Merry Ashes’ to one another any more and instead have to say ‘Happy Australia v England Test Cricket Series’.
- suddenly evolved the day before the Test into a potential injury crisis of ‘Shaun Marsh’s back!
- Nathan Lyon led the pre-Test trash talk for Australia, explaining how he wanted to end the careers of England players.
- The next day, another strong partnership from Dawid Malan – batting like a young Dawid Warner – and Moeen Ali saw England to 4/246, before England lost 6/56 to finish 302 all out.
- But just as all looked lost with Australia 4/78 after Handscomb’s wicket, a steady partnership with the next batsman in saw Australia safely to 4/165 at stumps on the second day.