Indian Express – By: Express Web Desk | Updated: November 26, 2017 5:30 Jonny Bairstow is being investigated by ECB for the alleged incident.
- (Source: Reuters)England Cricket Board are investigating batsman Jonny Bairstow for an alleged headbutt on Australia’s Cameron Bancroft who is making his career debut at the Ashes with the first Test taking place in Brisbane.
- The incident is alleged to have taken place late at night in Perth right at the start of England’s tour of Australia.
- Fox Sports Australia reported on Sunday evening, little after end of day four’s proceedings, that the alleged incident took place outside the Avenue Hotel in Perth where England were stationed for their opening tour match against Western Australian XI.
- The incident took place even before Bancroft went on to become the 451st player to wear the Baggy Green and don the white kit for Australia and been involved in a duel with England over the past four days at the Gabba.
- Additionally, Bairstow has apologised to Bancroft with no other England player involved in the alleged incident.