News – Cricket: Australia has easily accounted for England on the final day of the opening Test, running out 10-wicket winners.
- Cricket: Australia has easily accounted for England on the final day of the opening Test, running out 10-wicket winners.
- AUSTRALIA’s first Test victory, wrapped up by some effortless batting from David Warner and Cameron Bancroft, was a Floyd Mayweather-style Ashes win.
- CLASS ACT: Barmy Army’s tribute to Hughes on anniversary of his deathAS IT HAPPENED: Re-live all the action on our over-by-over Ashes blogIt worked for the great American boxer in a 50-0 career and it has enabled Australia to slam England’s fist on the table after a four-day arm wrestle.
- England are a decent, well-planned team and Joe Root gained rightful plaudits for clever fields, but a word of warning — Australia rarely gets sandpapered into oblivion with defensive tactics on home soil.
- The sight of Mitchell Starc gripping his right ankle in the field just before the end of the England innings underlined the importance of not overburdening an attack that has another four Tests to play in the next six weeks.