The Guardian – Cameron Bancroft had quite the Monday morning.
- Another Australian opener from Perth, Simon Katich, explained that Bancroft’s trick for making the difficult look easy is stillness.
- That should not be a surprise given Bancroft is a long‑term member of the Cricket Australia production line, fixated on improving subcontinental returns.
- Katich compares Bancroft’s fitness to those of Australia’s leadership axis.
- Langer’s close friend Steve Waugh is also understood to be a strong supporter, while a member of CA’s senior hierarchy told the Guardian that Bancroft is a potential future captain.
- With Warner inked in for years to come, it is likely that Bancroft and Renshaw will now be duelling to partner him.