Indian Express – Written by Sahil Malhotra
, Bharat Sundaresan
| Published: November 28, 2017 1:23 Yuvraj Singh’s replacement Anmolpreet cemented his place in the Punjab Ranji side with three centuries.
- The last one month has seen nothing short of an extraordinary glut of runs for Punjab’s 19-year-old batsman Anmolpreet Singh.
- His unbeaten 252 against Services on Sunday made him the only batsman to hit two double hundreds in the ongoing Ranji Trophy season.
- India off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, who has led Punjab in one of the games this season, informs that Anmolpreet missed out on a couple of triple-hundreds just because of the team’s declaration compulsions.
- It’s more about playing with the patience of the bowler and making sure that I’m ready to punish the loose ball,” explains Anmolpreet who has scored 734 runs in six Ranji Trophy innings.
- Punjab, with 15 points from five matches, are unlikely to reach the knockout rounds of the Ranji Trophy in what has been an indifferent season for them.