Indian Express – Written by Bharat Sundaresan
| Mumbai | Published: November 28, 2017 1:28 Youngsters such as Sanjay Ramaswamy have benefited from Jaffer’s presence.
- Sanjay Ramaswamy still sounds a tad sheepish when he recalls the day Wasim Jaffer scolled him.
- The former India opener then proceeded to take Sanjay to the indoor facility at the Vidarbha Cricket Association (VCA) complex—where Jaffer generally stays during the Ranji season—and the two spent the next seven hours working on the youngster’s batting.
- That knock brought Sanjay back into the Vidarbha Ranji team, and he presently sits at No.5 in the run-getters’ tally with 665 runs at 95, including three centuries.
- Sanjay isn’t the only Vidarbha batsman to have benefited greatly from spending time with Jaffer during a season where the team has cruised into the second stage.
- Jaffer incidentally shared a century stand each with both Sanjay and Ganesh in Vidarbha’s last match against Goa while scoring his 52nd first-class ton.