Wales Online – Glamorgan will begin the 2018 Specsavers County Championship season with a trip over the Severn Bridge to take on local rivals Gloucestershire at the Brightside Ground in Bristol on April 20.
- Glamorgan’s last visit to the Home of Cricket saw them claim a sensational nine-wicket victory courtesy of an eight-wicket haul from James Harris, as well as a century from Ben Wright.
- However, it’s not a ground that has brought much joy for Glamorgan over the years, with their last county cricket success coming back in August 1988.
- Having reached Finals Day last season, Glamorgan will begin their 2018 T20 Blast campaign on July 8 with a match at home to Sussex Sharks, with group games continuing until August 17th, including a visit to the Cheltenham Festival on July 27.
- White-ball games take a break during late July, as Glamorgan travel to the South Coast to meet Sussex in a day-night contest under the floodlights on July 22, before the quarter-finals of the T20 Blast in the last week of August, ahead of the showpiece of Finals Day on September 15.
- The season then ends with two more Championship fixtures, with Glamorgan eventually signing off with a home contest with Leicestershire on September 24.