Trinidad Guardian – A well kept secret was revealed over the weekend when Guardian Media came across the cricket club in Trinidad that produces fast bowlers.
- Club secretary Anil Kamal revealed that a number of fast bowlers who are now plying their trade for the West Indies and the T&T Red Force got their critical boost when they came to play for Caldrac Sports.
- We had West Indies fast bowler Shannon Gabriel at this club and it is here that his career took off.
- As a matter of fact when Gabriel came here as a young player he brought with him another fast bowler in Daniel St.
- Kamal said the club understood what was required to get these guys into the national scene because they had done it before with fast bowlers like Marlon Black, who went on to play for the West Indies.
- South Zone will be missing a number of players this season including national U-15 captain Tariq Mohammed and star all rounder Darren Samlal but Ramkissoon thinks the boys coming through can make up for the loss.