Sportskeeda – Stats: Virat Kohli breaks Brian Lara’s record for most Test 200s as captain
Virat Kohli scored his sixth double hundred as a captain, overtaking Brian Lara’s record of five double tons.
- Stats 03 Dec 2017, 17:04 IST Virat Kohli ended his golden run in Tests in 2017 with a well-made 243Day two of the third Test between India and Sri Lanka was just another day in the office for Virat Kohli as he did what he does the best – scoring runs – reaching his sixth Test double century in the last 18 months at his home ground, Ferozeshah Kotla in New Delhi.
- 1- Virat Kohli became the first batsman to score three double centuries in two consecutive years in Test cricket.
- 5- Rohit Sharma has scored at least a fifty in his last five Test innings.
- He overtook Brian Lara’s record of five double tons.
- They took just 92 innings to reach this feat while the joint record holders Kumar Sangakkara and Tillakaratne Dilshan took 110 innings.