The Guardian – Attempts to rescue a Brexit deal, an uncaring political class and a stunning day’s cricket were topics that provoked some of the most interesting conversation on the site today.
- Attempts to rescue a Brexit deal, an uncaring political class and a stunning day’s cricket were topics that provoked some of the most interesting conversation on the site today.
- In addition they have tried again and again to bluster their way through difficult issues like the Irish border, trying to ride roughshod over real issues and real concerns of the island of Ireland.
- redcannonballThis border question sounds like one of those cruel puzzles you give to kids in exams only to realise there is no feasible answer (well, not in this reality anyway); – GB must have a hard border with Europe– GB must not have a hard border with Northern Ireland– Iron must not have a hard border with Republic O’ Ireland and– Republic of Ireland must not have a hard border with EuropePolly Toynbee writes about the Joseph Rowntree Foundaton’s report saying an extra 400,000 children and 300,000 more pensioners have fallen into poverty since 2013, and remembers the Beveridge report, 75 years ago.
- TintenfischeEngland survived to live another day – and may even have an outside chance of getting something out of the second Ashes test in Australia.
- This article will be updated throughout the day with some of the most interesting ways readers have been participating across the site.