Himalayan Times – Nepal will take on the United Arab Emirates in the first match of the last round games of the ICC World Cricket League Championship at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday.
- From the WCL Championship, the Netherlands (18) and Papua New Guinea (16) have already qualified for the World Cup Qualifiers, while Scotland (15), Hong Kong (14) and Kenya (12) are fighting for remaining two spots.
- Teams finishing in top four in the WCL Championship will secure their places in the World Cup Qualifiers, while bottom four teams will be relegated to the WCL Division-II.
- Both Nepal and the UAE are taking the matches as part of preparation for the WCL Division-II to be held in Namibia from February 8-15 next year.
- Namibia, Nepal, Canada, UAE and team finishing fifth in the WCL Championship will compete in the tournament.
- Top two teams will qualify for the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifiers to be held in Zimbabwe from March 2-25 next year.