Daily Mail UK – Cricket star Ellyse Perry has shown her class by racing over to check on a young boy struck in the head by a ball.
- Cricket star Ellyse Perry has shown her class by racing over to check on a young boy struck in the head by a ball.
- Perry smashed a six during the Sydney Sixers clash with the Melbourne Stars on Saturday night and but reacted instantly when the ball hit a fan.
- The boy remained conscious despite the blow, and during the innings break Perry returned once more to check on his welfare, giving him her hat.
- The incident happened in the final overs of the Sixers innings, in which Perry made 91 off 49 balls to help her team a WBBL record score of 242.
- Perry, 27, has represented Australia in both cricket and soccer, and has captained the Sydney Sixers as an all-rounder since the WBBL’s inaugural season.