Times of India – CHENNAI: It’s been a week full of surprises for 18-year-old Washington Sundar .
- Five days after he earned his maiden call-up into the Indian T20 side, Tamil Nadu allrounder Washington, on Saturday, received a last-minute call as replacement for an injured Kedar Jadhav in the India 50-overs team ahead of the first ODI against Sri Lanka to be held in Dharamsala on Sunday.
- I have been gearing up for the T20 series at the NCA.
- I need to tune myself on the mental front slightly from T20s to 50-overs cricket.
- And I’m ready for the challenge,” Washington told TOI soon after his ODI selection.
- But I always felt Washington had that match-winning ability.