News First – Sri Lanka Cricket has claimed a long awaited victory -and importantly, a victory over neighboring India.
- Suranga Lakmal struck very early to start a magnificent spell by taking the wicket of Indian skipper and opener Rohit Sharma for 2 runs.
- Nuwan Pradeep was the other man who broke through the Indian batting line-up, claiming two wickets with four maiden overs in his 10 over spell -maintaining and economy of 3.70 runs.
- The rest of the bowlers, Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Akila Dhananjaya and Sachith Pathirana contributed with one wicket each to wrap up the Indians for a score of mere 112 runs at the end of 38.2 overs.
- Dinesh Karthik fell victim to Lakmal, being caught leg before wicket, scoring no runs for the 18 deliveries he spent.
- Angelo Mathews and Niroshan Dickwella saw the innings through together and sealed a long awaited victory for Sri Lanka and the fans of Sri Lanka Cricket.