The West – Mitch Marsh will return to Test cricket this week — if the WACA Ground pitch appears likely to remain as placid as it has been this season.
- Mitch Marsh will return to Test cricket this week — if the WACA Ground pitch appears likely to remain as placid as it has been this season.
- But it would be a major shock if the WA captain was not recalled after being used as the fourth seamer in the past two Tests at the WACA and currently being in the best batting form of his nine-year career.
- Lehmann said Marsh’s ability to reach full pace after a shoulder reconstruction was the element that had forced his inclusion in the 13-man squad for the third Ashes Test, when Australia could win back the urn in Perth for the third time in four home series.
- Marsh’s decision to bowl in the Sheffield Shield match against Queensland last month in a bid to force a draw had surprised the national selectors but underlined his ability to change the momentum in an innings.
- Marsh has also put a compelling case for inclusion by batting as well as he has done at any stage in his career.