Daily Mail UK – Four years ago, I was manager of the British media team that won 3-2 against their Australian counterparts in Perth.
- After England finished the first day on 305 for four, I did wonder whether the Australian sledging had been up to much.
- Dawid Malan has shown glimpses of what he’s capable of, but that hundred on the first day proved how tough and strong he really is.
- I said before the series that, in some ways, batting in Australia is easier than in England, because there’s less lateral movement, and Malan is a good back-foot player, so he was always going to be suited to Perth.
- With him at No 6, they’ve finally got their line-up right, because he’s utterly wasted otherwise.
- But why did it take England two Tests to work it out?