SBS – Australian batsman Usman Khawaja says he and his teammates would love to win the Ashes 5-0, but they aren’t trying to end any England careers.
- England veterans Alastair Cook, Moeen Ali and Stuart Broad are under the pump after Australia regained the Ashes on Monday with victory in the third Test at the WACA Ground.
- The star trio are among the players in danger of being dropped for the Boxing Day Test, while 35-year-old paceman James Anderson is no certainty to continue on after this series despite his strong performances.
- But Khawaja, who turned 31 on Monday, said winning every Test – not demoralising their opponents – was the team’s focus, and he hopes the two teams can share a beer after the series.
- Australian paceman Mitchell Starc is in doubt for the Boxing Day Test after injuring his right heel in Perth.
- Starc has played in just one Boxing Day Test since making his debut in 2011, and he’s desperate not to miss it this summer.