The West – Mitchell Starc has received good news on the injury front but Australia’s spearhead may yet endure more Boxing Day heartbreak.
- Mitchell Starc has received good news on the injury front but Australia’s spearhead may yet endure more Boxing Day heartbreak.
- Watch as Mitchell Starc knocked over England’s James Vincent with an unplayable deliveryCoach Darren Lehmann and medical staff will make the final call and they’ll be understandably cautious given Starc’s importance to the side during a Test tour of South Africa that follows the Ashes.
- Starc may do more damage to the troublesome landing foot that forced him to return prematurely from this year’s Test series in India – and miss the tour of Bangladesh – but also struggle to generate his trademark express pace and bounce.
- It developed into a bone stress injury and was the start of a six-year journey stacked with serious setbacks.
- He has played 39 Tests since debuting in 2011, but only taken part in one MCG Test because of form and fitness issues.