News – Cricket: The Sydney Thunder have got one over cross-town rivals the Sixers with a thrilling last-ball win to take out the first match of the 2017/18 BBL campaign.
- “My mum has been trying to get me to lose the beard for a while now, and now I’ve got this new fade (haircut), it’s taken it to a new level,’’ McClenaghan told The Daily Telegraph.
- McClenaghan is one of the heaviest bowlers in international cricket at 107kg, and that’s after shedding up to 6kg in the two months before he arrived for his first stint of top-class cricket on Australian soil.
- A consistent wicket-taker in the Indian Premier League — he will be one of the most in-demand players to go under the hammer at next year’s auction — McClenaghan was the third quickest bowler to reach 50 IPL scalps.
- While he would add to his 48 ODIs and 28 T20s for New Zealand, winning the BBL is McClenaghan’s first priority.
- McClenaghan said he enjoyed working with Shane Watson, who he teamed up with for St Lucia in the Caribbean Super League earlier this year.