Hindu – England’s Alastair Cook pulls a delivery on the second day of the fourth Ashes cricket Test match against Australia.
- England’s Alastair Cook pulls a delivery on the second day of the fourth Ashes cricket Test match against Australia.
- Australia spinner Nathan Lyon removed opener Mark Stoneman cheaply but Alastair Cook continued England’s fightback as the tourists cruised to 72 for one at tea on day two of the fourth Ashes test on Wednesday.
- England laboured on a slow and flat MCG pitch on day one but quickly had Australia on the back foot when captain Steve Smith and Shaun Marsh resumed on 244 for three in the morning.
- Debutant paceman Tom Curran ended Smith’s epic unbeaten run at the MCG by bowling the skipper for 76 to grab his maiden test wicket.
- Curran had Smith drag a wider, short delivery onto his stumps, his first dismissal at the MCG since the Boxing Day test against India in 2014.