The Guardian – The impulse on sodden days is to say nothing much happened.
- A complete contrast to his first innings of the year, where Pakistan felt the full brunt of his horizontal bat each time they did the same.
- Anderson would have rightly fumed when Warner wasn’t on strike to start the fourth over of his stint after Tom Curran conceded a single at the other end.
- All told, CricViz tracked Warner playing only one attacking shot in 43 balls from Anderson on the day, none of those coming in the post-lunch workout.
- By the time play was abandoned on Friday, the 40 runs Warner accumulated took 140 balls – a strike rate of 28.5.
- See the way they crazily attempted to chase down the 539 South Africa set for them in Perth last year.