Hindu – Australia captain Steve Smith celebrates with his teammates on day 2 of the fifth Ashes Test against England in Sydney on Friday.
- Australia captain Steve Smith celebrates with his teammates on day 2 of the fifth Ashes Test against England in Sydney on Friday.
- | Photo Credit: ReutersEngland’s tail wagged hard as Australia dropped catches to allow the tourists to amass 346 in their first innings before they were dismissed to bring up lunch on the second day of the fifth and final Ashes test on Friday.
- Tom Curran, playing his second test, hit a confident 39 and Stuart Broad smashed a 31 featuring two sixes as they drove their side to a competitive score in the face of some fearsome pace bowling on a sunny morning at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Dawid Malan lasted less than half an hour before departing for 62, quick Mitchell Starc eliciting an outside edge which Steve Smith caught brilliantly with a dive from second slip.
- Curran was the next to depart half an hour later when he backed up to another Cummins fizzer and the ball flew off the top of his bat to Cameron Bancroft at short leg.