Roar – Australia’s ODI squad against England saw Chris Lynn and Tim Paine being called into the side while Glenn Maxwell and Matthew Wade were shown the door.
- Australia’s ODI squad against England saw Chris Lynn and Tim Paine being called into the side while Glenn Maxwell and Matthew Wade were shown the door.
- With Wade, it was quite understandable as he hasn’t had the runs in any format since his ODI century against Pakistan.
- Even against Bangladesh during the Test series, he looked a batsman much more in control of his game, and in fact hit winning runs against the Tigers, a 17-ball 25* to add to a crucial 38 he scored in the first innings, which was a much-improved performance from the first Test.
- A once-in-a-generation player like Maxwell should be judged by his match-winning contributions in all three formats instead of looking for consistency in runs, which he can very well pull off, but which comes in place of his unorthodoxy, which takes any bowler by surprise.
- If you recall his last over against Pakistan in an ODI series in the UAE, where he defended three runs, you would know why.