BBC.com – England’s long – and often painful – Ashes tour down under could be over by the time cricket fans in the UK tuck into their cornflakes on Monday morning.
- England will name their squad to tour New Zealand for two Tests following this match, and assistant coach Paul Farbrace suggested time may be running out for the Hampshire right-hander.
- Another tough day in the field on Sunday means Root’s men have gone through a series without taking 20 wickets in a match for the first time since the 2009 tour of West Indies.
- If England don’t bowl again, the 58 wickets they have taken is their second-lowest total in a five-Test series in Australia.
- Ed Smith, another former England batsman, added on Test Match Special: “Anderson has bowled superbly all tour.
- One day into the series, BBC Sport ran a feature headlined: ‘Steve Smith – just how good is he and how can England get him out?