Hindustan Times – Former India batsman Virender Sehwag has earned quite a reputation for his witty one-liners on social media and in the commentary box.
- Patel, who had made a comeback to the Indian side after eight years during the home series against England last November, is currently in South Africa with the squad for the ongoing three-match Test series.
- READ | Ben Stokes, Liam Livingstone in England cricket squad for New Zealand TestsTaking a sly dig at the Gujarat player, Sehwag posted a tweet with a picture that had two paranthas (a kind of bread) made in the shape of a hand, thus resembling a glove, and tagged him on Twitter, asking him if he should send these over to South Africa since Patel seems to have forgotten his equipment.
- While it’s usually one-way traffic if Sehwag is involved, Patel turned things around brilliantly as he reminded the former Indian batsman that it’s in the benefit of Sehwag to keep the ‘gloves’ owing to the nippy weather in Delhi.
- READ | Rahul Dravid turns 45 and wishes pour in for ‘The Wall’In reply, Patel stated: “Idhar meri perfect size wale bahut gloves le ke aaya hu.
- delhi mai thand Badh gayi hai to ghar me kisi ke Kaam aaynege…