Roar – Ben Stokes has said he is keen to clear his name after being charged with affray.
- Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service announced on Monday the England allrounder had been charged following an incident outside a Bristol nightclub in September.
- The 26-year-old has not played for England since the incident outside a nightclub, missing out on the Ashes tour to Australia.
- Stokes was named last week in England’s Twenty20 squad for the tri-series against Australia and New Zealand next month but his participation was dependent on whether he was charged.
- “ECB is aware that Ben Stokes has been charged with affray in relation to an incident in Bristol in September,” an ECB spokesperson said.
- “The Board will now convene within 48 hours to decide on Ben Stokes’ availability to represent England at this stage.