The Scottish Sun – BEN STOKES’ punch-up in the street continues to create shockwaves and divisions across English cricket.
- Rex ECB have confirmed Ben Stoke will rejoin the England squad for Twenty20 matches in New Zealand next month For starters, try to get your head round this .
- The decision of the 13-strong ECB Board during two conference calls on Tuesday and Wednesday morning looks muddled at best, spineless at has been cleared to get back to business with England this played six limited-overs games for Canterbury while England lost the Ashes Legal advice — and the threat of being sued for restraint of trade — persuaded chairman Colin Graves, chief executive Tom Harrison and team managing director Andrew Strauss there was little alternative to lifting the ban on Stokes.
- The whole thing is a bloody mess and Stokes himself appears in no mood to show remorse or IN I’m proud Stokes lauds shock decision to let him play for England after affray BACK Ben Stokes to play for England in New Zealand despite upcoming court ON CRICKET’ Ben Stokes vows to ‘clear his name in court’ as ECB hold talks on Roy blasts phenomenal 180 as England finally beat BIG makes squad for England’s New Zealand tour as Ballance is LASTS FOR TREVOR England head coach Trevor Bayliss to quit in September He has already undermined The Ashes campaign.
- It said: “Following a full board discussion, in which all considerations were taken into account, the ECB Board has agreed Ben Stokes should now be considered for England selection.
- Stokes — suspended by England on full pay of around £750,000 — is scheduled to return in a T20 match against New Zealand in Wellington on February is expected to return to New Zealand in under a month That will be followed by at least one more T20, five one-dayers and two Tests against the Kiwis.