News – Cricket: Australia has lost to England in the 3rd ODI of the 5-match series.
- ENGLAND captain Eoin Morgan has hailed his team’s series victory in Australia as the best performance from the side since their white-ball revolution in 2015.
- England have won nine of 11 one-day series in the past two years, after their administration prioritised the 50-over form of the game following their shock group exit from the last World Cup.
- But after the disappointment of the Ashes loss for the Test side, Morgan was most impressed by the team’s efforts to claim their first ever bilateral one-day series win in Australia.
- England have now risen to No.3 in the world one-day rankings as a result of the opening three victories, but well within touching distance of South Africa and India in the top two spots.
- Their results have largely been driven with the bat, given their run rate of 6.38 last season was well above the next best figure of 6.00 from South Africa.