Stuff – In her day job as a coroner, Carla na Nagara pores over death meticulously to unpick the what, how and why.
- At the weekend, her attention to detail turns to cricket, as the Manawatū men’s team’s official scorer.
- She travels throughout the lower and central North Island with the team, keeping a carefully colour-coded record of every ball.
- Na Nagara says the two roles are quite different.
- A self-described “terrible” high-school cricketer, na Nagara has maintained a close interest in the game and remembers fondly the groundbreaking success of the 1980s New Zealand team.
- Na Nagara, who’s on the Manawatū cricket board, travels and stays with the rep team and has enjoyed the scenery of the Central Districts’ grounds, such as Pukekura Park in New Plymouth and Queen Elizabeth Park in Masterton.