Pakistan Today – DHAKA: Graeme Cremer and Kyle Jarvis engineered Bangladesh’s collapse as they slumped to 170 for 8 after being comfortably placed on 147 for 2 in the in 35th over.
- The Zimbabwe spinners – Cremer, Sikandar Raza and Malcolm Waller – conceded just four boundaries in a total of 27 overs.
- The spinners didn’t let them hit a boundary for a streak of 12.2 overs before Shakib managed to strike Raza through point to reach his fifty off 78 balls.
- But in the first ball of his next over, Raza had Shakib stumped, breaking the 106-run second wicket partnership.
- Tamim meanwhile broke a boundary drought that lasted 21 overs but was one of Cremer’s three wickets in successive overs along with Mushfiqur and Mahmudullah shortly after.
- Tamim fell like Shakib, stumped for 76 off 105 balls, during which he reached two milestones, becoming the first Bangladesh batsman to reach 6,000 ODI runs after going past Sanath Jayasuriya’s 2514 at R.