Newsday – DHAKA — Zimbabwe made a complete hash of their 217-run chase against Bangladesh in Mirpur yesterday, as they were bowled out for 125 and lost by 91 runs.
- Bangladesh’s spinners and medium-pacers combined impressively to bowl Zimbabwe out in 36.3 overs, helping their side to a third consecutive win with a bonus point.
- Shakib made a 50 in the first innings as well, adding 106 for the second wicket with Man of the Match Tamim Iqbal, who scored his third fifty in a row.
- Mashrafe and Shakib hurt Zimbabwe’s chances by taking four wickets in the first 10 overs.
- Raza, who had struck two fours and a dismissive six during the steady fall of wickets, hammered Mustafizur down the ground for his fourth boundary before playing on to his stumps in the same over to end all hopes for Zimbabwe.
- The three Zimbabwe spinners —Cremer, Raza and Waller — gave away just four boundaries in 27 overs between them, and gave away runs at 3.81 per over.