Hindustan Times – Indian cricket team’s dramatic win over South Africa in the third and final Test here helped Virat Kohli and Co.
- Indian cricket team’s dramatic win over South Africa in the third and final Test here helped Virat Kohli and Co.
- (SOUTH AFRICA vs INDIA 3rd TEST DAY 4 HIGHLIGHTS)The 63-run win at the Wanderers ensured that South Africa cannot move ahead of India in the ICC Test Team Rankings at the 3 April cut-off date, even if they go on to win all four Tests against Australia in March.
- However, Kohli’s men will return on 121 points as opposed to South Africa’s 115 points, which will be good enough for them to keep possession of the prestigious ICC Test Championship mace for the second year in succession.
- Now, South Africa will have to win at least one Test against Australia to retain second place in the Test table, which, in turn, will earn them $ 500,000.
- The cut-off for this year has been adjusted to April 3, which is the final day of the four-Test series between South Africa and Australia in Johannesburg, as well as last day of the two-Test series between New Zealand and England in Christchurch.