Coventry Telegraph – A super sporting hub in Bedworth has taken a step closer to completion following a £50,000 cash boost.
- It is the dream of Bedworth Cricket Club (BCC) to turn the old pavilion into a multi-sporting hub offering everything from football to bowls and even disk golf, netball and tennis, that can be used by the whole borough.
- “The pavilion, badly in need of renovation will be turned into a multi sports and community club and will be known as Bedworth Sports Club.
- The club has so far received grants in excess of £250,000 for the project including £75,000 from Sports England, £70,000 from Warwickshire County Council (£70,000) and £60,000 from the England and Wales Cricket Board.
- “It’s fantastic that WREN, Sports England, Warwickshire County Council and the ECB have awarded us this money and we take this as a tremendous vote of confidence in both the club and our project from all the funding bodies.
- Richard Smith, WREN’s grant manager for Warwickshire, said they were happy to help the project, adding: “We’re delighted to be supporting the Bedworth Cricket Club project and pleased our funding will benefit so many people across the area.