News – Cricket: Australia is through to the Final of the U19 World Cup after downing Afghanistan by six wickets.
- THE Indian and Pakistan cricket boards remain at war over a $70 million legal dispute, but their players have united to produce one of the most powerful images in the game’s recent history.
- Indian and Pakistan players have won widespread admiration for a series of acts of sportsmanship during their semi-final showdown in the ICC U19 World Cup in Christchurch on Tuesday.
- The relationship between the two cricket organisations reached a new low in November when Pakistan launched legal action against their Indian counterparts, suing for $70 million in compensation from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) after the country failed to attend two series in 2014 and 2015 as part of a memorandum of understanding signed between the two boards.
- New Delhi halted all bilateral sports with Pakistan in the wake of 2008 Mumbai attacks, which India blamed on militants based in Pakistan.
- It probably helped that India were absolutely superior to Pakistan with bat and ball in New Zealand.