New Indian Express – BENGALURU: On the day India beat South Africa on a challenging track, most media channels and newspapers had their eyes elsewhere.
- However, two India Test regulars — Cheteshwar Pujara and Ishant Sharma — went unsold while Murali Vijay and Parthiv Patel got picked for less than Rs 3 crore .
- Players nowhere near the Test team, who are irregulars in the limited-over sides, bagged deals that some Test players would be envious of — Jaydev Unadkat (Rs 11.
- If IPL pays you so much even without you being part of the India mix, why should players even strive to play for India and toil for six hours a day?
- For mediocre players, IPL becomes a place to earn big and hence the importance given to it,” former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput told Express.
- Players like Rahul Sharma and Manpreet Gony also made the IPL to India transition, but eventually lost their place in the national scheme of things.