Sky Sports – Sydney Sixers thrashed Perth Scorchers to win by nine wickets in the Women’s Big Bash League final and retain their title.
- Sydney Sixers thrashed Perth Scorchers to win by nine wickets in the Women’s Big Bash League final and retain their title.
- Ellyse Perry’s side put in a fine bowling display to bowl out the Scorchers for just 99 in Adelaide and then knocked off the runs with five overs to spare.
- After electing to bat, the Scorchers found runs scoring difficult during the powerplay and in trying to up the run-rate in the overs that followed, lost four wickets between the seventh and the 10th, including that of England all-rounder Nat Sciver (2).
- Katherine Brunt, the Scorchers’ second England representative, made 10 and No 9 Piepa Cleary top-scored with an unbeaten 18 as the Sixers maintained their discipline and took the final wicket from the last ball of the innings.
- Alyssa Healy (41) and Perry (36no) put on 64 for the Sixers first wicket in reply, ending any Scorchers’ hopes of a dramatic fight back.