Hindustan Times – South Africa struggling against spin in One-day Internationals isn’t unusual.
- The abysmal show prompted former South Africa paceman Fanie de Villiers to question their chances at the World Cup.
- Teams winning the World Cup have had quality spinners and also have been able to play spin well.
- “Teams like Pakistan and Sri Lanka have won the Cup but not South Africa.
- In its modern avatar, with coloured clothing and white ball, the World Cup has seen most champion teams rely on spinners.
- Players like Rilee Roussow – part of 2015 World Cup team – Stiaan Van Zyl, the children of former cricketers Ray Jennings and Kepler Wessels, Colin Ingram, Richard Levi, Hardus Viljoen and Kyle Abbott have all moved abroad.