Indian Television – The VIVO IPL 2018 auction event received an overwhelming response on television and digital in India, and globally on social.
- The VIVO IPL 2018 auction event received an overwhelming response on television and digital in India, and globally on social.
- A massive 46.5 million-fans, approximately 6x more than last year, tuned in to watch the 2-day auction event on the Star Sports Network as per BARC data (Source: BARC 2+ U+R).
- Star India – MD, Sanjay Gupta said, “The huge surge in viewership numbers for the 2018 auction underlines the importance IPL holds for audiences.
- With Star India at the forefront, we hope and our confident the VIVO IPL 2018 will serve the interests of cricket in India and the expectations of cricket lovers like never before.
- On social media, as per a report by ‘The Distillery’, Star India’s social intelligence cell, the auction event was a global phenomenon with 843K mentions worldwide – a five-fold increase over the numbers in 2017.